Monday, October 22, 2012

Recipe Swaps!

Happy Monday Friends! 
I'm always looking for all sorts of recipes! My mother had 7 kids, so growing up she was always in the kitchen cooking up a storm. A lot of good memories as a kid are remembered with some great aroma floating around in the house! So I grew to LOVE cooking/baking! Now being a mom, I can only hope to give my little guy the same great memories! 

We can share anything from as easy to salads, quick little lunches for the kiddos, to amazing dinners! I love to play around and see what I come up with when it comes to salads....
Being a mom, and not always having a ton of time and needing energy, I love having a salad! Try to have one everyday. This salad was pretty amazing, I sautéed some frozen cooked shrimp (only takes minutes) with a little olive oil, lemon pepper, and already chopped garlic. I added some steamed asparagus, avocados, tomatoes, sweet corn from the can, and organic lettuce! It literally took under 10 minutes to make! If I'm feeling extra healthy I make my own dressing. All it includes is olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar, and a little lemon juice. Pretty Good!!
This one is a BBQ chicken salad. I had left over chicken from the night before and I heated in a pan with some bbq sauce. Added some sweet corn, black beans, a little colby jack cheese, tomatoes, croutons, and organic salad mix. I always like to mix a little honey mustard with light ranch dressing to go with the bbq chicken! These salads are awesome filling meals for moms always running around for the kiddos! Heck they're great for anyone who enjoys a great salad! 

I can't wait to get into pastas, desserts, etc! What are some of your recipes!?! 

3 comments:

  1. That looks good I wish I could get someone to cook for me. I bet that bbq dish is delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! i love recipe swaps and love your cute blog! following you now :) one recipe we REALLY love is here: http://chaseandem.blogspot.com/2012/08/our-favorite-dinner.html

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah I love all your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete