Monday, October 15, 2012

Starting the morning/week off with a healthy kick

Hello Friends~
As I was kindly woken up by a little butt sitting on my face and my personal alarm saying "moooorning Mama" I rubbed my eyes looked at the clock and at no shock it was quarter to 7. As Jack and I did our daily morning tasks, brushing our teethers, washing up, and making breakfast for little man. I know breakfast is the most important time of the day, but that early I never want to eat right away. So I've been trying to juice every morning. Juicing is AWSOME!! If you don't have a juicer I highly suggest you save up for one/ invest for one! The only catch is the clean up of the juicer. Totally worth the nutrients and energy you gain though! 
I have tried so many different kinds of juices.. Its awesome to add ginger for a little kick start, berries for antioxidants, apples for fiber, oranges for vitamin c, and pretty much any kind of fruit or vegetable. 
DON'T let the color fool you! No matter how gross it looks, its very delicious. You normally taste the fruits over the veggies anyway. The great thing about Juicing is your getting all the essential nutrients you need in the cup. If you make a habit of it everyday your gonna make a world of a difference in just your energy levels alone! 

So the juicer was my 7 a.m. wake up boost... Now that 10 a.m has rolled around a little protein was needed! What more than a Avocado and Tomato omelette?
I only used one egg seeing how I had already had my juicer! Mixed in a little salt, pepper, and basil. Added some sliced tomatoes and a little parmesan cheese in the middle, and topped with some avocado. This is a great breakfast to start the day! Very simple and tasty! 
Ever since I had my son, I have tried to make my diet more on the healthy side. Don't get me wrong, the woman in our family do not hold back the recipes that indulge in butter,sugar,etc. And skin and bones does not nor will ever follow after my name in a sentence ha! But I do try and keep it healthy and simple everyday. If were always making eating healthy complicated and technical, we will start to resent it and not enjoy it as much. It can be light and easy and you can feel good that your taking care of your outward man! Happy Monday Friends :)

9 comments:

  1. Love it girl!!! YUMMY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your header picture!! Such a sweet photo! And this omlet looks so delicious!

    New follower from the GFC hop!
    Leslie @ Sincerely, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always good to get your kids to eat healthy but not easy. :) I like omelets and my daughter would eat it... but she will not touch avocado.
    I am following you now and love your blog.
    I would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/10/hugs-and-smiles.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Filling Up My Cup! I look forward to getting to know you! Your little boy is beautiful!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I love your blog and it's nice that you do this for yourself and others! I started exercising /doing yoga again and I have a ton more energy! I will keep reading! Keep up the good work and advice! Love yay!

    Shannon (your coworker)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I love your blog and it's nice that you do this for yourself and others! I started exercising /doing yoga again and I have a ton more energy! I will keep reading! Keep up the good work and advice! Love yay!

    Shannon (your coworker)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, I love your blog and it's nice that you do this for yourself and others! I started exercising /doing yoga again and I have a ton more energy! I will keep reading! Keep up the good work and advice! Love yay!

    Shannon (your coworker)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delish! New follower to your darling blog.
    http://sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely need to try this Sarah :) you r the best!!

    ReplyDelete